Friday, January 27, 2012

Balsamic Chicken in the Crockpot

This is my favorite chicken recipe right now. Its SUPER easy and really delicious. I highly recommend you make it like three times a week, at least. I got it from Skinny Crockpot, which I originally found on Pinterest but have since "Liked" on Facebook, which happens to be the link that I provided you. (That was a fat run-on sentence.) So now that I got the attributions out of the way, down to the recipe. You'll all have to excuse me, I am not a food blogger. My pictures suck. But I figure if you're not going to make the chicken because of my Iphone picture skills, well then it's your loss not mine...


Ingredients:
4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (Currently there are only 3 in my crockpot. I don't think the world will end)
2 14.5oz can of diced tomatoes
1 onion, sliced. (I only use a few slices, not an entire onion)
Salt
Pepper
4 garlic cloves
2 tblsp of olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (yum! It smells so good!)




1 tsp oregeno
1 tsp basil
1 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme




***I only used one can of diced tomatoes and it was very balasmic-y but I loved it! Doing it this way just didn't create enough sauce to pour over noodles. Anyway, just do it the way the recipe says, that way you won't have any complaints and I won't have to hear them.

Directions:
Pour the olive oil into the bottom on the crockpot & salt and pepper them and throw the sliced onion on top of them. Cover them in dried herbs and garlic, pour in the vinegar, top with diced tomatoes and cook on high for 4 hours.
 Serve over pasta!

 I promise it's delicious. If you don't like it then there is probably something wrong with your taste buds that you should have checked out.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment